At LTI, our people are our most important assets. We’re committed to use our best judgment to employ the most qualified candidates for positions while engaging in recruitment and selection practices that are in compliance with all applicable employment laws. It’s our policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all applicants and employees.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cuts, shapes, and assembles wooden articles and sets up and operates a variety of woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, cut, or shape lumber or to fabricate parts for wood products;
- Matches and gathers material of specified grain, color, and width for form design;
- May attach hardware, such as caster, pulls and hinges;
- Positions cut frame parts, and glues, staples, and screws them together to fabricate cabinet frames;
- May paint surfaces, using spray gun;
- Conform with all safety rules and use all required safety equipment;
- Cleans work area using broom, shop vacuum, and/or mop to maintain a safe, clean working area;
- Other support functions as required.
- Minimum of one-year cabinet making, wood laminating, mechanical and carpentry skills required.
- Knowledge in a manufacturing job shop.
- Thorough knowledge of material characteristics and structural fundamentals.
- Thorough knowledge and application of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Experience with all types of wood working equipment.
- Ability to read a tape measure accurately to 1/16” and do set-ups.
- Laminating skills helpful;
- Ability to work with supervision and direction
- Willing to operate table saw, cut-off saw, air nails, spray gun, etc.
- Must be willing to work within an environment containing dust, and high levels of noise
- Must be active physically and able to bend, stoop, kneel, stand for prolonged periods of time, sit, reach, climb, drive and carry/lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be willing to work overtime and/or weekends as delivery of components dictate
- Must meet respiratory fit requirements
- Must be able to use a variety of tools including hammer, pliers, cutters, tape measure, air tools, etc.
Notice to Internal Applicants:
- Must be employed with LTI and have worked here in the same position for more than six (6) months. Applicants who have previously applied for the Maintenance Technician A recruitment must re-apply if interested.
- Must meet job requirements.
- Must not have progressed to a formal corrective action step.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the position you are interested in being considered for in the subject line of the email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.