Press Brake Operator B
At LTI, our people are our most important assets. We’re committed to use our best judgment to employ the most qualified candidates for positions while engaging in recruitment and selection practices that are in compliance with all applicable employment laws. It’s our policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all applicants and employees.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Studies drawing and product specifications to determine dimensions;
- Selects dies, tools and methods for operations;
- Places dimension data into computer;
- Positions metal to be form dies and guides stylus that automatically depresses die to activate press to cut metal;
- Stacks metal according to part size, job number and specification for further processing;
- Conforms with and abide by all regulations, policies, and work procedures;
- Conforms with all safety rules and use all required safety equipment;
- Maintains machinery (i.e. clean, oil, etc.)
- Cleans work area using broom and/or mop to maintain a safe, clean working area;
- Other support functions as required.
- 2 years relevant experience
- Working knowledge in a manufacturing job shop
- Computer skills
- General knowledge of material characteristics and structural fundamentals
- General knowledge of equipment capacities and capabilities
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and direction
- Ability to interpret blue prints/drawings
- Ability to read a tape measure accurately to 1/16” and do set-ups
- Convert fractions to decimals.
- Must be willing to work within an environment containing dust and noise
- Must be active physically and able to bend, stoop, kneel, stand for prolonged periods of time, sit, reach, climb and carry/lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must have own tools as required by Company
- Must be able to use a variety of tools including hammer, pliers, cutters, tape measure, air tools, etc.
- Must be willing to work overtime and/or weekends as delivery of components dictate.
Notice to Internal Applicants:
- Must be employed with LTI and have worked here in the same position for more than six (6) months. Applicants who have previously applied for the Maintenance Technician A recruitment must re-apply if interested.
- Must meet job requirements.
- Must not have progressed to a formal corrective action step.
Send resumes to email@example.com and specify the position you are interested in being considered for in the subject line of the email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.