At LTI, our people are our most important assets. We’re committed to use our best judgment to employ the most qualified candidates for positions while engaging in recruitment and selection practices that are in compliance with all applicable employment laws. It’s our policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all applicants and employees.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Moves metal objects, such as sheet metal subassemblies, against abrasive wheel of bench grinder to grind, smooth, or rough-finish objects to specifications;
- Clamps workpiece in workholder or jig, or holds it in hands, and feeds it against rotating grinding wheel to remove excess metal, scratches, or burs;
- Examines or measures workpiece for conformance to standards;
- Guides dressing tool across wheel to true surface;
- Replaces worn wheels, using wrench;
- May select and mount abrasive wheels of different grit size to grinder to obtain specified finish on workpiece.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, and work procedures;
- Conform with all safety rules and use all required safety equipment;
- Other support functions as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience.
- Working knowledge in a manufacturing job shop
- Thorough knowledge of metal fabrication
- Thorough knowledge of material characteristics and structural fundamentals
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and direction
- Ability to grind all types of alloys and do set-up accordingly
- Ability to interpret blue prints/drawings
- Must comply with the following physical restrictions:
Standing – continuous
Bending – frequent
Walking – infrequent
Kneeling – infrequent
Carry/Lifting – frequent (items consist of steel products weight limit from 1 to 100 lbs.)
Sitting – infrequent
Reaching – frequent
Climbing – infrequent
- Must be able to work in an environment containing dust and high levels of noise.
Notice to Internal Applicants:
- Must be employed with LTI and have worked here in the same position for more than six (6) months.
- Must meet job requirements.
- Must not have progressed to a formal corrective action step.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the position you are interested in being considered for in the subject line of the email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.