At LTI, our people are our most important assets. We’re committed to use our best judgment to employ the most qualified candidates for positions while engaging in recruitment and selection practices that are in compliance with all applicable employment laws. It’s our policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all applicants and employees.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the leadership of a journeyperson:
- Installs conduit, transformers, conductors, necessary to make additional extensions or alterations in electrical installations;
- Installs and repairs various electrical apparatus;
- Tests, locates, and repairs malfunctions in electrical circuits;
- Become familiar with the various standards, operating procedures and applicable regulations;
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, and work procedures;
- Conform with all safety rules and use all required safety equipment;
- Cleans work area using broom, shop vacuum, and/or mop to maintain a safe, clean working area;
- Other support functions as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school graduate or equivalent with a minimum of one (1) year of electrical/refrigeration training;
- Knowledge of state and local electrical and refrigeration codes;
- Ability to properly size condensing unit and evaporator coils;
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems;
- Knowledge of the proper refrigeration components needed in the assembly of all refrigeration situation;
- Ability to plumb and wire condensing units (including charging and adjustment of controls to proper setting);
- Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, for extended periods of time;
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions;
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions;
- Must be willing to work within an environment containing dust, and high levels of noise and to be exposed to high voltage;
- Must be willing to work overtime and/or weekends as delivery of components dictate.
Notice to Internal Applicants:
- Must be employed with LTI and have worked here in the same position for more than six (6) months.
- Must meet job requirements.
- Must not have progressed to a formal corrective action step.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the position you are interested in being considered for in the subject line of the email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.