At LTI, our people are our most important assets. We’re committed to use our best judgment to employ the most qualified candidates for positions while engaging in recruitment and selection practices that are in compliance with all applicable employment laws. It’s our policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all applicants and employees.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create accurate complicated designs, drawings, and layouts working from engineering specifications using computer-aided drafting (CAD) methods, in a given time period, adjusting for changing priorities per customer specifications;
- Calculate dimensions, capacities, or qualities by applying mathematical formulas;
- Study processes and recommend alternatives for effectiveness;
- Convert sketches of parts, subassemblies or various apparatus into workable shop drawings;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Five years of relevant experience including AutoCad Drafting and working with custom fabrication;
- Experience in custom manufacturing plan fabricating stainless steel metal goods, cabinetry, store fixtures, architectural wood/metal work, or food service equipment a plus;
- Ability to read blue prints and understand the different types of materials;
- Strong geometry and trigonometry skill set;
- Working knowledge of the design, construction, assembly, finishing, and installation of custom casework, cabinetry or food serving equipment and counters a plus;
- Working knowledge of sheet metal forming procedures, sheet metal types and gauges, stainless steel welding procedures, fastening and anchoring methods and generally accepted construction methods, both wood and metal a plus;
- Working knowledge of a variety of materials including, sheet metal, metal framing and reinforcement, glass, plywood, plastic laminates, acrylic plastic, door hinges, drawer systems, plastic composite solid surface, engineered plywood, plastic laminates, acrylic plastic, door hinges, drawer systems, plastic composite solid surface, engineered stone and natural stone counter tops, led lighting a plus;
- Electrical knowledge including balancing single and three phase loads a plus;
- Knowledge of NSF standards a plus;
- Refrigeration knowledge a plus;
- Attention to detail;
- Organized with ability to multi-task;
- Familiar with product;
- Good communication skills ;
- Positive, can-do attitude;
- Must be computer proficient.
Notice to Internal Applicants:
- Must be employed with LTI and have worked here in the same position for more than six (6) months.
- Must meet job requirements.
- Must not have progressed to a formal corrective action step.