At LTI, our people are our most important assets. We’re committed to use our best judgment to employ the most qualified candidates for positions while engaging in recruitment and selection practices that are in compliance with all applicable employment laws. It’s our policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all applicants and employees.
JOB TITLE: Builder B (2 open positions)
DEPARTMENT: Custom (Lower Hill)
HIRING SUPERVISOR: Tracy Bennett
JOB POSTING #1714 and #1715
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fabricates and assemble food service equipment using wood, solid surface and/or metal, aluminum or fiberglass
- Reviews design specifications using blueprint to ensure assembling meets requirements;
- Cuts, screws, nails, glues, tapes, and uses various other materials including silicone to assemble as required by blueprint;
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, and work procedures;
- Conform with all safety rules and use all required safety equipment;
- Cleans work area using broom, shop vacuum, and/or mop to maintain a safe, clean working area;
- Other support functions as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years relevant shop experience.
- Thorough knowledge of material characteristics and structural fundamentals.
- Thorough knowledge and application of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and direction.
- Ability to interpret and read drawings.
- Working knowledge in a manufacturing job shop.
- Must be willing to work within an environment containing dust, and high levels of noise.
- Must be active physically and able to bend, stoop, kneel, stand for prolonged periods of time, sit, reach, climb and carry/lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to use a variety of tools including hammer, pliers, saws, jointers, sanders, cutters, tape measure, air tools, etc.
- Must be willing to work overtime and/or weekends as delivery of components dictate.
Notice to Internal Applicants:
- Must be employed with LTI and have worked here in the same position for more than six (6) months.
- Must meet job requirements.
- Must not have progressed to a formal corrective action step.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the position you are interested in being considered for in the subject line of the email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.